Rilya Alert Criteria
*The staff at Peas In Their Pods respectfully requests that once a child is found that any organization posting information remove their pictures from their sites.
- The abduction is of a child age 17 years or younger
- The parent must have contacted law enforcement to report child missing.
- A RILYA Alert may also be issued if the child is classified as a runaway by the police. If the parent has reported missing child and has convincing evidence that child does not have a history of running away, an alert will be initiated within the 1st hour.
We recognize that at times, not all information is readily available (ie. license plate numbers, name of abductor, or witness to abduction. In such cases, the available information will be reviewed and verified prior to RILYA Alert.
- The law-enforcement agency believes the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
- All children of color meeting the criteria for the Amber Alert will also receive the RILYA Alert
If these criteria are met, alert information is assembled for public distribution. This information may include descriptions and pictures of the missing child, the suspected abductor, and a suspected vehicle along with any other information available and valuable to identifying the child and suspect.